Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Land of the Free, Home of the Bikers

This past weekend I took a trip to Washington, D.C. to celebrate my friend's birthday.  The occasion was the perfect opportunity for me to pack up my bike and head to the Nation's Capital.  Saturday afternoon, my sister and I set out on the streets of D.C.  The day was beautiful and the weather perfect for cycling.  I have been to D.C. a few times previously and saw some of the monuments. However, walking around the National Mall is not exactly easy.  But cycling....  We visited the monuments then biked to the Library of Congress and got cards.  We rounded up the ride by getting a root beer float at Union Station.  We rode a total of 9.68 miles.

Route

You can check out the route at the link above.  I think D.C. is a great city to cycle in.  It is full of history and scenery.  I would suggest riding there to anyone.



1 comment:

  1. I'm need you to get higher hops on those jumps =) Looks like a cool place to bike though. Never thought about it. According to map, you almost covered everything. Reminds me during the Inauguration, we had to walk the city basically.

    ReplyDelete